AFRICA 2017 PHOTO CONTEXT
CONTEST TYPE: PHOTO CONTEST
The story of today’s Africa – young, growing, urbanizing, and tech-savvy – needs to be told. As a company committed to supporting local capacity in Africa, Agility wants to capture the hope, aspirations and confidence of a new generation of Africans and the continent that they are rapidly reshaping. We are looking for images that will open the eyes of the world to today’s vibrant, modern African reality. We invite professional and amateur photographers to compete for a chance to win up to $4,000.
Each category winner will receive a prize of US$2,000, and the grand prize winner will receive an additional $2,000. Winning photographs will also be featured in leading magazines and events.
Africa’s transformation is being driven by growth and modernization in energy, manufacturing, agriculture, logistics and transportation and consumer goods. We are seeking photos that illustrate the strides Africa is making in productivity, commerce, consumer demand and investment.
Africa’s transformation has been accelerated by technology that gives its citizens the ability to connect to one another and the world as never before. We seek photos that show how people use technology to improve their lives or that showcase Africa’s technological innovation.
Africa’s political and commercial capitals are becoming global mega-cities as the continent urbanizes at a historic pace. More than 40% of Africans now live in cities. We are looking for photos that capture stories of urban life across Africa.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGEMENT
- Photos will be judged on: 1) Compatibility with the theme of a modern, hopeful Africa; 2) Creativity and photographic quality; and 3) Impact and inspiration.
- The contest will involve two round(s) of judging. In the first round, a panel of judges will shortlist 30 photos per category. In the second round, a different panel of judges will select the winning photo per category. No employee of Sponsor will sit on the final judging panel.
- Sponsor may also offer a “viewer’s choice” award in the future, where people can independently choose their favourite photo.
The Competition runs from June 1, 2017 at 12:00 PM GMT to September 1, 2017 at 12:00 PM GMT.
- The Africa 2017 Photo Competition (the “Competition”) is open to professional and amateur photographers 18 years of age and older.
- No employees of Sponsor or its affiliates, or their immediate family members, can participate in the competition.
- All photographs must be submitted in digital format via this website: africa-2017.com.
- Entrants must complete the online entry form and include their name, email address, mailing address, phone number, photo, photo location, and photo caption.
- Entrants must also specify which photo category their entry belongs to.
- There is no limit on the number of entries per person.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees to comply with all Competition rules.
- Photos must be taken in Africa
- Photos must be high-resolution. Must be in JPG or PNG format, must be at least 1,600 pixels wide or tall, and the file size must be at least 1 MB.
- Photo must not have won an award at a previous photo competition.
- Only minor digital editing, color correction, and cropping of the photo are allowed.
- The photo must be free of Prohibited Content (as defined in the Conditions of Entry section).
- The winning photo in each of the three categories will receive a USD 2,000 cash prize.
- The grand prize winner will receive an additional $2,000 cash prize.
FULL RULES AND CONDITIONS; AND JUDGES, PLEASE CLICK HERE